What personal information do we collect from the people that use our mobile application?
When registering on our app you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience, alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Whipster, Inc.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our app, contact us, or enter information on our app to use the app services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you registered and when using the app’s features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our app in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or customer of the services.
How do we protect your information?
Whipster takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps tKe into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology.
• We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards, because we currently do use process credit card payments.
• We only provide articles and information.
• We never ask for credit card numbers.
• We use regular Malware Scanning.
• Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user searches a ride, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our mobile application, the mobile application, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Whipster provides rideshare and transporation information from third party providers for consumers to compare various services and prices. Thus, on a regular basis, we include or offer third-party products or services on our mobile app. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our application and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use analytics (such as the Google Analytics ids) and third-party mechanisms (such as the DoubleClick) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our mobile application.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us at Support@whipstermobile.com.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Support@whipstermobile.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
2808 S Foster Ave
Tampa, Florida 33611
Last Edited on 2017-09-04